Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Thursday, April 01, 2004

A brief conversation on race

"I think that white liberals like yourself have trouble understanding that chuck's views represent the frustrations of the majority of black youth out there today."

"What? I'm having trouble understanding what you're saying. As a white person, I'm only capable of understanding my own culture, unlike non-white people, who are able to fully understand all other cultures."

"I have that same problem!"

"As a white liberal, I feel I must let non-white people tell me what I should think on all non-white issues. Do you feel the same way?"

"Absolutely! Otherwise, how are we gonna know?"

"There is no way. On the other hand, white culture and thought patterns can be easily summed up in any given episode of Friends."

"Oh my god, don't you just love that show?! I used to be able to really relate, but then i moved to New York, and my life is exactly like that! I'm totally living in Friends!!"

"Oh! My! God! You could not BE more right!"

No comments: