Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, July 20, 2004

If you're feeling sinister, old Scottish women cheer you up

Getting into work outrageously early today (damn insomnia), I decided to follow my own bookmarks (just on the right there) and look at Large-Hearted Boy, and it gave me a shot of blogger inferiority.  Here he was providing all these amazing links to stories and free mp3s and what was my gift to the world?  Exactly.  That space after the question mark. 
 
I needed cheering up and I got in from a link on the VERY SAME BLOG that had insecured me.  There was a link to a fantastic article about Belle and Sebastian's Stuart Murdoch, where he talks about, among other things, his heavy church attendance and his singing in the church choir, and this bit absolutely cracked me up:

"We get fans coming in to the service, and they're happy just seeing me singing in the choir, but then the old ladies grab them, and say, 'Och, where are ye from? Come and sign the visitors' book!' "
It cheers me up to think of some ultra-shy twee kids from Indiana just going to gawk at Stuart Murchoch and then having to deal with these loud, religious Scottish women who've never met a stranger in their life and insist on long conversations with these kids who can barely even bring themselves to look anyone directly in the eye.  Beautiful.

No comments: