Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, July 30, 2004

The right's double-standard monster roars again

This morning, thanks to the miracle of closed captioning and enough curiosity to not change the channel from Fox news in the gym this morning, I caught part of what looked like a painful debate between Janeanne Garafolo (who, politically speaking, I'm not a big fan of) and Sean Hannity (an evil little man). After the clip, they moved back to the Fox morning anchors who made some sarcastic comment (I could even tell it was sarcastic from the closed captioning) like, "That's great that we're getting political commentary from a comedian. A comedian."

This from the right, a people who worship an actor president. Do comedians, actors and musicians give up their right to political commentary because of their entertainer status? I wonder what they'd think of Dennis Miller mentioning multiple times on the Today show this morning that he hopes Kerry doesn't win and that he's voting for Bush. I doubt they'd mind.

On a slightly separate note, I think my vote is back with Kerry, as I was very impressed with his speech last night. I reserve the right to change my mind if those red-shirted devils come out again.

No comments: