Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Darling, don't you go and cut your hair

I got one of those haircuts this weekend. I don't think it looks that bad. It's shorter than I would have preferred, and the shortness makes it very clear just how much hair I've lost, but I still think it looks alright.

But everyone seems to have a very strong reaction to my hair cut too short. All I've been getting are the observation comments: "You got a haircut", followed by an awkward, loaded pause which seems only to say, There's nothing else nice to say about it other than to point out that hair was indeed cut and I can't even bring myself to give an insincere 'looks nice' and then the subject is changed.

I'm not worried about it. I happen to think that I'm devastatingly handsome, even if no one else in the world seems to agree. And I'm pretty happy with the haircut that I got from Jean-from-Scranton. I attribute the too-shortness of it to the fact that she was concentrating on saying "Do you know what I mean?" at the end of every. single. sentence. I just don't understand the looks of slight horror I'm getting, seemingly questioning this tragic decision I've made, as though I had chosen to tattoo my face or amputate my arms.

People are weird. You especially.

No comments: