Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, August 05, 2005

I can fill that hole for you

I need to find a new language, because English has left me completely. It just packed its bags, left me a note in Portuguese and dumped me for a better writer.

Because I am language-less and completely unable to write anything of substance or value, I'll just list off the songs that have been brought to me by my beloved Never Played playlist that I've particularly enjoyed today:

    "Doledrum" by the Las
    "Joan of Arc" by OMD
    "Time" by Alan Parsons Project (actually let out a blissed-out "Ohhh.." when this came on)
    "By The Cathedral" by Keren Ann
    "How Can I Apply (live at Fez)" by Trash Can Sinatras
    "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" by Ben Folds
    "Slipping Into Darkness" by Dayton Sidewinders
    "Genius of Love" by Tom Tom Club
    "Meet Me in the Bathroom" by the Strokes (I'm really enjoying the stuff off their second album)
    "Run Run Run" by Phoenix
    "Tony's Theme" by Pixies
    "Houses in Motion" by Talking Heads (AMAZING. Why didn't I get into Remain In Light when I bought it the first time?)
Out of the stuff that I've "stolen" from my friends recently, the one thing I really can't get into is the Avalanches, which is good, because now I realize that my impulses were correct when I couldn't get into it the first time. I just don't think much of it.

Have a good weekend, dear readers. Hopefully English and I will have made up by Monday, and I can actually put a few words together that enrich your lives, like I always do.

That last bit was sarcastic.

No comments: