Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Look to the future! The creepy, unsettling future!

I know I should be more forward-thinking and open-minded, but instead, I think that I'll just finally openly admit that the entire concept of cloning really freaks me out. The picture that's currently on the front page of the Washington Post site makes me seriously uncomfortable.

Now, I realize that there are a lot of much-debated pros and cons to cloning, and I can see the logic in all of them. But while I not only reason that it's eventually going to get in the wrong hands and all hell (ALL of it) will break loose, but tell me you aren't looking at those dogs, thinking they're all cute, before one of them snaps and goes for your throat, while the 1,000 cloned killer puppies come from out of hiding and finish you off. Think about it!!

1 comment:

doug said...

ewww...creepy.

I'm all for cloning SMALL and TINY cells for finding cures for diseases and all (or whatever the "good" thing cloning is used for), but making a copy of your dog, parrot, t-rex, or child? No thanks - I'll stick with the memories.