Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow joke

While I usually hold fast to my mom's view on snow ("I love it when it's coming down, but I hate it on the ground"), there's been something really nice about this recent dump of snow. The something nice is that everyone's being nice. Everyone said "good morning" to me when they passed me shoveling the sidewalk in front of my building. Someone made a perfect snowman in Dupont Circle. Everyone seems to have the bundled-up, red-cheeked cheer that they only seem to have in movies. I'm trying to relish it all before the next few days, when everyone turns into snarling monsters after being hit by waves of dirty puddle water by passing motorists and having their commute times doubled thanks to people who didn't shovel in front of their houses and thus created some sidewalk glaciers for everyone to break their necks on. Enjoy it while you can, Reid. Enjoy it while you can.

1 comment:

Washington Cube said...

The first snow is always the most loved. By the sixth one, people are groaning. It still lies heavy on the trees and ground and is very pretty.