Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's the little things...

It's been a trying couple of weeks here at Are Seven HQ, as woman woes and tax troubles have been dragging me down into a pit of self-pity. But in all times, there's plenty to be happy about. Even in the darkest times, there's always the thrill of wondering what's going to happen, both in my life and in the larger world. It may not be good, but still, I'm excited to see where this crazy ride is going.

So to re-direct myself, here's a short list of good things these days:

  • In a news item that will be interesting to exactly no one, my Never Played playlist is currently at ZERO. This is a playlist that has at various times been above 2500 and has never been below 400 until about a week ago, so to know that I've listened to all 31 days worth of songs on my computer at least once is pretty satisfying. And I've found some long-lost gems in there as well. And now maybe my last.fm page won't look so weird ("Wow! Reid's really on a big Police kick!").
  • The Astros took 3 of 4 from the Nationals. Now, I really like the Nats a lot. They're one of only two local pro teams that I like instead of actively disliking (Redskins), being intensely disinterested in (Capitals), or just laughing at (Wizards). But, it's my 'stros, and not only do I want them to win, I really want my childhood team to beat my hometown team for a bunch of reasons, most of which I'm too ashamed to admit.
  • There's a trip to NC and a Greek Easter meal waiting for me on Sunday. Yes, yes...I know it's not Greek Easter on Sunday--just regular Easter--but we're not Greek. We just lived there. So we combine the two into one: pray like Anglos and eat like Greeks. It rules.
  • I had some good meals with some great friends this weekend. I have more good meals with good friends coming up, some in different cities altogether.
That's all I've got. It may seem like I'm clutching at straws here, but these are really good straws; like, crazy bendy straws that you can drink chocolate milk through. And that's just the kind of stuff that lifts me up.

2 comments:

doug said...

mmmm...so, what does one eat on Not Greek Easter Sunday? Sounds good!

Reid said...

Well, there will definitely be:

- tzaziki (approximate spelling): cucumber, yogurt and lots of garlic

- Greek salad: *real* Greek salad, so no lettuce. Just cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, onions, olive oil and oregano.

There will probably be:

- Lamb, which is amazing, but the lil' sis doesn't eat lamb, so my Mom also usually makes chicken souvlaki, sometimes instead of the lamb, but hopefully we'll have both.

- taramasalata: a dip made of fish roe. Never liked this one as a kid, but I love it now.

It's an amazing meal, but I can say that about anything my Mom cooks.