Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Monday, April 03, 2006

Same ol', same ol'

I went shopping this weekend with the aim of shaking up my closet a bit. My first stop was a small boutique called H&M where I made the amazing discovery that they're now making t-shirts...with long sleeves! "Well!" I thought to myself. "This is a most unexpected development in t-shirt technology. Perhaps I'll venture to buy one and wear it, and just to show the world that I'm not afraid to take a chance or two, I'll choose a pattern and color that will clearly show that I'm a fashion force to be reckoned with, one not afraid to wear solid black."

My next stop was just as eventful. I was amazed and heartened to see that the embassy of the small island nation the Banana Republic has allowed their citizens to set up shop in their chancery downtown, and I thought that I would support the struggling nation with my American dollars, because that's the sort of generous spirit I have. I found that the native dress in the BR includes pants made of a blue, denim-like material. The market vendor had a word for these pants, but I'm not even going to try to repeat his bizarre Bananian pronunciation for the clothing. "This," I thought, "is the perfect complement to my rebellious new shirt. Everyone on the street will look at me and wonder at this bold soul in exotic clothing."

My new look even fooled the vendor, who, at the cash register, mistook me for a citizen of the BR and asked me if I'd like to apply for a visa! Imagine his surprise when I told him I was an American citizen and didn't have a drop of Bananian blood in me! My worldliness even fools the locals!

And now I'm ready to take to the street as a new man, one who's not afraid to shake up his life a bit and try new things. So if you see a man whose dress strikes you as exotic, rebellious, and wholly different from anything else you've ever seen...that'd be me.

No comments: