Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, May 12, 2006

Exploder

I hope that you all know--and appreciate--how much I sacrifice so that you may learn from my mistakes.

I figured I'd download the Internet Explorer 7 beta. It has tabs, I thought. It has new features, I thought. Surely it's better than before, even if it is still in beta, I figured.

It wasn't at all worth it. First, it overwrote my IE 6, which I need on my computer, since it's what 75% of web users still use, and I want to see what the majority's seeing. Then, I found it's about 10 times more difficult to access your bookmarks, you can't move the toolbars around, and some pages just don't even show up.

I thought that maybe it would be the typical Microsoft move of letting everyone else take care of the innovations and get the bugs worked out before Gates and co put out a copycat--and better--version. Instead, I found the typical Microsoft move of telling you what you want and not allowing you to have anything but.

And mostly, I'm just shocked that they'd even bother releasing anything when it's so very far away from being even usable, let alone without a few bugs.

So let my hour of screaming at the screen in total frustration be a lesson to you: don't download IE 7 until it's officially released. And even then, proceed with caution.

No comments: