Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Keeping up with the robots next door

I do make effort to keep up with at least a few of the features made by the industry that pays me, and so I've made a change to this page. It just so happens that this change also has the convenient feature of me being able to share interesting things with you even if it doesn't come from my head, thus taking some of the pressure off me to keep you entertained at work.

So if passengers will please turn their eyes slightly to the right, they'll notice a list of items from my blogroll that I think they might find interesting. This has meant that I've had to start using the Google Reader (which is amazingly slow and much harder to use) instead of Bloglines, but as I've mentioned before, I suffer for your happiness. This sharing is a pretty great feature, and it means that I don't have to puke out a whole post on something that you may have already read.

Trust me on these. It's only the good stuff that's allowed in that box.

2 comments:

doug said...

I saw that thing about the Duke basketball tickets this morning - man, talk about petty. Instead of being stupidly negative about it, it'd be kinda cool if they handled it in a similar way that Army/Navy does (which has a similar type of exchange program) - where at the half time of the Army / Navy football game this big deal is made to highlight the students who exchanged, and they "trade" them back to their original school in the middle of the field - it's fun...which is what watching the stupid game is supposed to be anyways. Something like that would be entertaining. Plus, it's kinda cool that some Carolina fans were in the middle of all those Duke fans - I mean, does it really burn Duke people up all that much that they got in?! geez.

Reid said...

Playing (Blue) Devil's advocate for a second, I can see the point that Cameron is a small place, and there's enough demand to want to keep it to just Blue Devil's fans.

But really, those people spent their time in line. They're Duke students. Why shouldn't they be able to cheer for whoever they want to?

Considering that the Duke administration thinks it's a bad idea, I think we can just chalk it up to college-aged melodrama. "But! They! Aren't! Even! Real FANS! ARRRRRGH!"