Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Thursday, February 08, 2007

A head in the clouds is a head on the ground

Sorry to harp on the dizziness yet again, but it's what's on my mind. Har har? Bear with me until next week, when I get back to the usual inanity.

So I'm here in my room (cue: Beach Boys, "In My Room") with my parents who are around making sure that I don't collapse again, and if I do, I don't go careening through a window or--God forbid--the TV. Then again, I was looking for a good excuse to get a new TV, so maybe I'll stand by the old one and hyperventilate.

What a strange new life I have for myself. Among the changes I've made due to the swooning (not the good kind of swooning) that I'll have to make in my life until further notice:

  • No alcohol
  • More vegetables and fruit
  • Not walking on the Metro escalator
  • No driving for 6 months on doctor's orders (not too hard, since I don't have a car, but potentially a pain)
  • No dancing (ow!)
  • No shaking my head really hard, which would include...I don't know...not disagreeing violently with anyone? All I know is that moving my head too fast makes me a little woozy.
In other words, my new life is not much fun. But all these changes are endless fun compared to three days in the hospital.

Anything else I should watch out for?

11 comments:

doug said...

no head bangin' - or playing the guitar like those fellas in metallica or my morning jacket

Reid said...

Well, there goes my plans for the night. But thanks, Doug!

Hans said...

Ooh! I can take all your Brazilian grindcore records off your hands. You know, just as a favor to you, for your health.

Hans said...

You probably shouldn't watch The Blair Witch Project through VR goggles, either. Just a suggestion.

Reid said...

Hans, I will NEVER give up my Brazilian grindcore records. And what the hell are VR goggles? Are they anything like beer goggles?

Anonymous said...

I will do my part to avoid anything you might find potentially violently disagreeable. That said, I will also avoid things that you may emphatically agree with, as they could illicit behavior from you that is just as potentially disorienting. I will walk that very fine line for you, my friend.

Good news for you though: hopefully all of these restrictions will be lifted by the time LCD Soundsystem comes to town in May. ;)

Reid said...

I saw that! May 13th! There's definitely one restriction on that list that will be lifted on that day no matter what. No hospital bed, seizures or vegetative state will keep me from seeing LCD Soundsystem.

doug said...

ooooo - May 13th! Can I come?!

mysterygirl! said...

That's scary. Take care of yourself, Reid...

L said...

Vegetables and fruit? Is there a medical explanation for this – or is this really, ahh, I didn’t like them anyway.

No dancing, no dancing. Huh. Well, if there is no drinking, at least we don’t have to worry about accidental dancing.

PeeKay said...

well at least you can still drum... right? you can still drum? so have you been on webmd all day searching on this? because that is something i would do, and i totally do NOT recommend that b/c A. it will make you insane B. you will be making frequent trips to the ER to have them run tests from the episode of house last night.

hang in there dude, the world and the positions need you well!