Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where do we go from here?

Tonight, as I traveled home along the blue line that I know all too well, there was a strange moment. Between the Arlington Cemetery and Rosslyn Metro stops, there was a tiny moment when, out of the right side windows, there was a extremely bright flash that was brief but brilliant. I looked around the car to see if anyone else noticed it, but it seemed like I was the only one. But it was definitely there: a bolt of white light that...did something. I don't know what, but it did something.

What I'm getting at, dear readers, is that I may have gone back (or possibly forward) in time, or may have been transported to another dimension. So if I seem a little off or ask you what year it is or if the Astros have won a World Series or if Cheetos come baked or only fried or if Law and Order is just a show and not a political jumpstart, it's only because I'm trying to figure out where I am and what of Cheetos; if it's 2007 or a year of a number I can't imagine. Please be patient with me, readers. I'm only trying to get my bearings.

2 comments:

JordanBaker said...

Oh come on. What sort of wholly implausible universe do you think you've been transported into that you'd even have to ask if the Astros have won a world series?

Reid said...

Okay, that's two things that I can check off of my list that indicate I'm still in the same dimension: one, the Astros are still winless in the World Series, and two, that Jordan, infrequent commenter, can't resist rubbing it in. This is the world I know.