Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, April 23, 2004

Louder, louder

Yesterday found me at the CD store for the first time in a long time. The listening station at Olssons suggested the Snow Patrol and Ben Kweller albums to me, but it was teasing me on the Snow Patrol. They were sold out, so I just bought the Ben Kweller and headed out.

Sometimes life works out. The Ben Kweller album is amazing. Well, I think the album is amazing. I can't get past "Hospital Bed", one of the most immediately exciting songs I've heard in a while. It so rawly rocks and is so well played and arranged. It reminds me a lot of first album Ben Folds Five. Those Bens...what can't they do?

Meanwhile, I bought the one Snow Patrol song that I wanted ("Run") on the iTunes music store, and while I do really like it, it's fluffy enough to make me glad that I didn't pull the trigger on the full album.

Let this information enrich your life. It probably won't, but if it asks, let it.

No comments: