Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, March 11, 2005

I'm cheating on you, yeah

My lack of attention to posting to this page should tell me that I shouldn't go getting any grand blog ambitions. But there's a part of me that enjoys this kind of writing that's almost anonymous in a way. You can write about whatever you want, and if people find it, great. If they don't, that's okay, too. It's not like there's a career involved. Unfortunately.

But in those moments of ambition, in those delusional moments when I think I could juggle multiple pages, I have ideas for two different blogs that are more niche-y than this one. Which is not so much a niche as...a complete waste of time for all involved parties? That sounds about right.

Blog Idea #1: Romantic advice column
God knows that I'm about the least qualified person in the world to be advising people about their love lifes. But lack of qualifications doesn't seem to stop anyone these days. The problem is the problems: how do I get people to send me their problems so that I can give them a little tough love? Note to self: befriend more engaged 22-year-olds.
Probability of blog fruition: 24.6%

Blog Idea #2: The Ad Spectator
One of my personality quirks that even I find somewhat disturbing is that I seem to have an inordinate amount of opinions about TV ads. I don't know why, but almost every ad that flashes across my screen warrants an opinion, from thinking it's annoying, to socio-political analysis or whether or not it's an effective ad.
Probability of blog fruition: 72.4%
In event of fruition, probability of it lasting more than two weeks: .5%

The hope on either of these two, of course, would be that someone would read it and then pay me enormous amounts of money for such opinions. Is that too much to ask? Probably, but that never stopped me before.

No comments: