Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Monday, April 25, 2005

I remember when a day would be unusual

It was a strange, strange weekend, my friends, one so bizarre and improbable that it's completely cleared my head of anything interesting to say. And by "interesting", I mean interesting to me. Which probably goes without saying, but how sad is that that I can't even find interesting to tell myself? Actually, it's not sad at all. Like the Buddhists know, having a clear mind can feel pretty great, and it's really not that hard of a state to reach for those of us whose minds are sparsely populated in the first place.

The weekend was one that I have to really think hard about whether it was a dream or not. There was an old friend visit that was great, a high school dance disguised as a show at the 9:30, some tensions, some apologies, some snacks. And then I topped it all off with a strange dream (note: was an actual dream) last night that I had written a children's book and I presented a copy to some girl that was apparently the inspiration for the book. It was a very tearful and touching moment, which is the kind of moment that I don't think I've ever had in a dream. I've had funny moments, scary moments and very weird moments, but never sweet and heartwarming moments, like those happy endings in movies about family relationships that you know are cheesy, but still tear up about anyway.

I will also say that the perfect summer album has come out just in time for May. It's the new Lucksmiths album, Warmer Corners. "The Music Next Door" makes it already feel like the beautiful summer days are already here.

No comments: