Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Wednesday, June 22, 2005

With friends like this...

Somewhere, someone with the unfortunate name of Jasmine has the email address of the enviro organization where I work in her address book. Why she does, I don't know. It's not like she writes to us every day. But she thought enough of us that she decided to send us this nice little chain letter under the subject "it's friendship week", the contents of which I find both hilarious and horrifying:

A girl asked a guy if he thought she was pretty. He said...no.

She asked him if he would want to be with her forever....and he said no.

She then asked him if she were to leave would he cry, and once again he replied with a no.

She had heard enough. As she walked away, tears streaming down her face the boy grabbed her arm and said....

You're not pretty you're beautiful. I don't want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away...I'd die...

SO NOW I WILL SAY:

I like you because of who you are to me....A true friend and if I don't get this back I'll take the hint.

Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they like you.

Something good will happen to you at 1:00-4:00 PM tomorrow.
This letter comforts me, not because I have a friend in Jasmine, but because I know that, no matter how crazy I may sometimes feel, I'm no where near as crazy as the people who love stuff like this. "If I don't get this back I'll take the hint"?!! I guess this is kind of nice if you've been trying to ditch this friend for a while. It gives you an easy out.

You know that this letter is fake because they go too far overboard on the benefits-of-forwarding offer. Not only will your true love will realize they "like" you (is that a good thing? This person is your true love, but they only like you back, which is a start, I guess), but something good will happen to you and they even give a specific time period! I don't know if this post counts as forwarding it, but I'll have to keep an eye out for something especially good happening to me tomorrow. 1:00 is usually when I eat lunch, so hopefully it'll have something to do with that.

I figured at first that Jasmine sent this to everyone in her address book, but it turns out it's only the general email address of my workplace and 8 of her friends, 3 of which are named Ashley. One of these Ashleys has an email address of coockiemonstars.

I don't know if you think this is funny, but it's killing me. If it's not about lunch, I hope that the good thing happening to me tomorrow between 1:00 and 4:00 is half as funny as this.

No comments: