Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Your gay is two hours overdue

Ever been in that sticky dating situation where you need the solid advice that only a Muslim could provide, but dammit, you just don't know any Muslims? Ever been trying to figure out some complex computer programming language and wonder where you could find a gypsy to tell you where you've gone wrong? Ever stood knee-deep in a flooding basement and thought, "This is exactly why I need the worldly wisdom of a gay man around"? Of course you have. We all have.

One Amsterdam library feels your pain, and so they've instituted a program where you can check out a member of a minority group to clear you up on those questions you've been having about the gypsy life, burkas and/or anal sex.

I wonder where they put the stamp.
While I do see the sense of this idea, what's a lot more intriguing to me is the possibility of being able to sit in on these conversations. What sorts of questions might someone who's baffled enough by a Muslim to go to a library to borrow one ask? Who would be the person most likely to take the library up on this offer? It's the borrowers I'm more interested in.

3 comments:

fats durston said...

I can't wait to get my gypsy. There's this dude that I really need to curse. Hopefully the spell prep will take less than an hour.

Anonymous said...

It's like slavery, but with late fees.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is utterly hilarious. By the way, I really admire how clean your blog always looks, even with the new design. Oh, I've linked to you on *my* blog, which you were kind enough to post a comment on a while back. I have been meaning to e-mail you for, like, ever :)