Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Friday, March 17, 2006

Bathrooms by MC Escher

Last night, at the Indian restaurant where I had dinner, I went into the bathroom and noticed that they had a framed photograph on the wall, which is not unusual, of course. People put pictures in bathrooms. It's what people do. It's to try to take the person's mind off of what they're in the bathroom to do.

But this particular framed picture was...of a sink. It wasn't some artistic shot or manipulated in some way. It was just a plain, straight-ahead picture of a sink.

Maybe it's because I was drunk, but I was pretty amazed by it. I tried to imagine the thought process of the person who otherwise designed this restaurant very nicely: "How about we liven up the plain white walls of the bathroom with a picture of a porcelain sink on a plain white wall? Flowers? Pfft."

Luckily, I wasn't drunk enough to try and wash my hands in the picture. I was, however, drunk enough to consider for a split second telling the person who asked us where Adams Morgan was, "Well, now...if you were Adams Morgan, where would you be?"

No comments: