Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Thursday, May 04, 2006

Alarmed

Even in your own bedroom, it's easy to get disoriented when the alarm goes off. And when you choose to wake up to talk radio, it's even more disorienting to wake up to an out-of-context sentence.

This morning, I woke up to NPR news (as I always do), hit the snooze button and then it slowly dawned (much like the dawn) on me that the sentence that had woken me up was this:

Everyone's happy when they're on morphine, so don't throw your bedpan at them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This happens to me all the time. Since they loop the broadcast, I'll sometimes listen to it the second time around and find out I completely misunderstood the context of a story.

Similarly, for years I thought Steve Innskeep was some weird guy who annoyingly referred to himself as "Steve-inski."