Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Monday, May 08, 2006

Built on a foundation of "DUH!"

In the Washington Post online today, there's a quiz titled, "Are you ready to buy a home?" I pretty much know that a home is well out of my financial reach (at least in principle. It's too much. I won't pay it. Even if I can), but I figured I'd take the quiz anyway, just in case the results were, "Are you kidding? Buy one now! You and home ownership were made for each other!"

These are the questions they're asking:

  • Are you sure you want to buy a home?
  • Do you know how much you can afford to realistically afford to pay for houseing?
  • Can you afford a down payment and closing costs?
  • Is the amount you can borrow sufficient to enable you to buy a home you will truly enjoy?
None of these questions are the yes-or-no questions like the quiz wants you to believe. Instead, they can all be answered with a hard head slap and the following sentence, screamed: "WELL, IF I KNEW THAT ALREADY, I'D BE OUT BUYING A HOUSE AND NOT TAKING A QUIZ!"

I'm guessing that the only real point of this quiz is to prove what everyone in the world of the web already knows: that anyone will take a quiz on anything at any time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that quiz convinced you to buy a house, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I could sell ya...

Reid said...

I'm interested in this bridge of yours, Scott. Verrrrry interested. But before I decide to buy, I'll first need to take a quiz about whether or not I'm ready to buy a bridge in Brooklyn.