Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Monday, July 17, 2006

Dontcha hate pants?!

There is a pants crisis in this country and that crisis is this: pants don't fit me. My body type doesn't seem to be freakish. Average height, average weight. But for some reason, I couldn't find a pair of pants that even remotely look halfway decent on me (note: remote AND halfway).

As I've mentioned before*, I think it's more than just me. There's some marketing shenangigans going on at the formerly-reliable whitebread brandnames (J Crew, the Gap, etc). Making pants that actually fit people would cost money, as does material that looks nice and lasts, so they call everything "relaxed" and "broken-in". I almost accosted the woman working the floor at J Crew and said, "Is there ANYTHING in the store that doesn't look it's already been worn for a year?! These chinos are already fraying at the cuffs!" I figured I wouldn't take it out on this poor girl, though. She had to wear a madras jacket. I didn't want to make her day any worse.

The pants situation is dire. My only hope is that the "t-shirt and boxers" look comes in fashion.

* This site is increasingly becoming about things I've mentioned before. I would apologize, but as I've said before, you get what you pay for.

3 comments:

m.a. said...

Pants are so overrated. Haha! Hi!

Reid said...

It's true! Hey, everybody! Take off your pants! Start a revolution!

Hans said...

I'm pretty sure our mutual good friends Chianti and Mozzarella are really into boxers and t-shirts.