Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My country, right or wrong

I'm not really loving life these days, but I sure do love the Fourth of July. In spite of itself, there's no country I love more than this one. It may be unfashionable to say in some circles, but I say with all sincerity that I love being American.

Here's a couple of my favorite songs to celebrate the day with:

Sufjan Stevens, "The 50 States Song (Live)"








Bruce Springsteen, "This Land Is Your Land (Live)"








So there you go: a song celebrating the geopolitical boundries of our country and another decrying ownership and boundries, but both of them loving where we're from.

Happy Fourth of July, everyone, especially to my sister who's accomplished the incredible feat of getting Brits to celebrate the day. Suckers.

No comments: