Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Tuesday, January 27, 2004

The Genius I Was

My dreams seem to fall into one of three categories: terrifying, boring, and hilarious. I usually forget the first two for obvious reasons, but the ones in the third category often stay with me a little longer. Two of my favorites are the one where Tad told me he was quitting the band because he had gotten a part-time job at a seafood restaurant called Seasick But Still Hungry, and a dream where I was catching up with my old friend Sonia and she told me that her life ambition was to come up with something "inventable", which may be the greatest nonsensical word ever.

I was thinking about my dream comedies recently, and I remembered that I had had one where I had woke up laughing, but I couldn't remember what the details were. It came back to me today, so I wanted to get it down before I forgot again:

I was working at a newspaper and the staff were in a glassed-in meeting room, discussing the weekly feature we were going to run on the upcoming olympics in Athens. We were agreed that the feature would profile athletes, update the preparation of the city and venues and just give a general overview of the olympics. All we needed was a title. My suggestion for a title for this weekly feature? "Buttering Your Olympics Croissant."

Maybe you had to be there, inside my sleeping head. My subconscious cracks me up.

No comments: