Are Seven has moved! Go to areseven.com

This page has moved from its Blogspot origins and is now on a hosted server. If you're getting here from a blogspot.com bookmark or feed, stop where you are, go to areseven.com and never look back.

If you're feeling lazy, just hang on a couple seconds and you'll be redirected automatically.


Thursday, August 16, 2007

Guess about Thursday: you're mostly wrong, but sometimes you're right

You probably think that, after only two days on the job, I've done something stupid and/or offensive that caused me to be fired in a dramatic, sellable way, but you'd be wrong.

You probably think that, when a really cool boy bartender who gave me good deals leaves my favorite local bar, that it wouldn't quite make up for it that he's replaced by a semi-cute girl bartender with hair-metal-chick hair and a slammin' body, but you'd be so very wrong.

You probably think that, when I started a new job, that my inherent air of authority would cause the staff around me to shudder in awe and run to the closet where they keep all the top-notch computer equipment; that they wouldn't let me have a keyboard with a squeaky space bar, but you'd be wrong.

You probably think that I still hate pants, and you'd be right.

You probably think that two days isn't enough to form a new work crush, but you'd be wrong.

You probably think that this crush that I may or may not have formed is completely inappropriate in any number of ways, and you'd be right. But if you thought she wasn't cute enough to throw all those reasons for inappropriateness right out the window, you'd be wrong again.

You probably think that I'm exaggerating about my new, incredibly short commute and that I would have plenty of time to listen to more than one song on my iPod before I have to get in the elevator at work, but you'd be wrong.

You probably have pieced together that my head is spinning. This is the correct stance.

5 comments:

m.a. said...

That is the most awesome commute ever, or not. I'm not sure. Cute girls come and go, but, oh never mind. I hope that your work crush works out.

Reid said...

Yeah, the commute rules. There's nothing like leaving work, all tired out and frazzled, knowing that you'll be home in five minutes.

And work crushes never work out. That's the beauty of them. You get to just like someone but know that it'll never go somewhere. It's just fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey, my parents met on the job. Work crushes sometimes work out! (Not that I'm trying make your head spin any more than it is...)

Anonymous said...

I just got a new job and a new commute too! I am even closer now then I was at CareerBuilder. I am maybe 15 minutes away, which is a huge deal since I have been in "the city", which is a 1.5 hour commute for 3 years, so I am in heaven!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

yeah! I had almost as short a commute for about a week when WW was still on King St and I lived on Cameron. I'm ashamed at how close I lived even after the move to the fancy office, and I still drove.

BTW - now that you're back in DC during the day, any chance you'd meet me for lunch at La Baguette? Seriously, if I don't have a smoked caprice soon I just might die.